Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change the $ref value of the response document

Status
Not open for further replies.

pechettysuguna

Programmer
Oct 11, 2001
JP
Hi,

How to change the $ref value of the response document ?
Reference: -As per thread245-676188.
thanks,
suguna

$Ref is a field in the document object, so you can change it like any other field.

Bear in mind that Lotus does not encourage the modification of this field. $Ref is a reserved field that, when present, is a key element in the database structure. It is essential that $Ref retain a valid value, otherwise you might end up with corrupt data.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Hi,

thanks for the reply.
Do you mean that i have to add a text field in the document and add the name as $ ref.

Let me the steps how to proceed with editing the $ ref.

thanks
suguna

You can create a $ref field in the form, or you can simply manage it in Script - it's just a field as far as coding is concerned.

There aren't any steps either, there is just the knowledge of how the field is used. The fact that the $Ref field exists implies that the document is a response. That means that you should not have an empty $Ref field, and it also means that the content of the $Ref field must be a valid document UNID.

It is those considerations you must take into account when touching the $Ref field. Again, Lotus does not encourage touching this field.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back