Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change the "canvas" size of an animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchelt

Technical User
Jul 30, 2001
US
Hi,

I am working in After Effects 6.0 Pro. I am trying to bring in a simple text animation that I am creating in a simple 3D program (Xara 3D5)...the size of the animation is 600x600.

In After Affects I am working on a 800 x 600 composition and when I import the text animation, it's "canvas" size is messing with my effects because the effects I am applying are limited to the 600x600 size of the text animation and not the full 800x600 of the composition.

I am sure there is a way to fix this because I could have sworn I ran into this before but I cannot remember how to to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mitch

If you want to change the canvas size of your After Effects project, you'll need to change the COMPOSITION SIZE. (cmd-K)

Or from the file pulldown, select COMPOSITION, and COMPOSITION SETTINGS. There, you'll find the composition aspect settings.

Ko Maruyama
Free Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back