Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change the order 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

laxfan

Technical User
Feb 7, 2005
CA
I am taking over web editing for someone who is gone from this organization. He has the site set up with .asp files which no one here is familiar with. He has it so that the data is shown in alpha order, but I would like it to show in date order. What do I do? I am not familiar with any of this - only html.

Can you determine how the data is being queried? Look in the .ASP files a see if you can find a "SELECT" statement. If you can, is there a ORDER BY clause? If so, you can change the sort order by altering the ORDER BY clause.

Otherwise, it may be that the ASP page is calling a stored procedure. In that case, you will have to lok at the SP to determine where sorting is being done. I am afraid you or someone on your team will have to learn ASP and SQL in order to support this application. If you get stuck you could see about hiring a consultant but be careful that he doesn't dig you in deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back