Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change the format number when it printed

Status
Not open for further replies.

budich

Programmer
Oct 7, 2000
ID
Hi Guys,

I am still making program for Purchase Order. Do you know how to change the format number when it printed ?
Let's me make clear, our country's currency is not use decimal point so only for example IDR 1,000,000 so in my P.O table I put the price in currency format.
When we buy the spare part from U.S it use decimal points for example USD 46.75.
I wonder how to make it conditional like "if currency = "US", format (use decimal points),format (currency format)".
My table has format in currency from the beginning and now has alot of records, How affect the table if I convert the field to number ?
Thank you advance
Budi

Hi Guys,

I have tried with something like =if(cur="USD", format(##,###.00), format(##.###)) but doesn't work. Is my formula is wrong or because the number is under currency format ?
thank you
Budi

=if(cur="USD", format([CurrencyField],"##,###.00"), format([CurrencyField],"##.###"))

Change [CurrencyField] to the name of your currency field. You don't say where you are using this expression. It probably should be in a query.
If you are going to change datatypes in a Table, make a backup of the Table first. Then you can try and change the datatype from Currency to Number or Number to Currency, but never do this without first making a backup.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back