Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change the Directory that Opens for "Browse"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane766

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2004
CA
Hi,

Here's my situation: During the user's execution of my program, they must go to a third party's website and submit a file created by my porgram. My program opens a browser and sends them to the site. They click on a Browse button to select the file, ect. ect. I want to change to directory that opens up when they click the browse button.

Does anyone know how to do this? I would like to also restore the default directory to what it was before they ran my program.

I would like a solution that will work for Win 98,Me,XP.

Thanks

I believe each browser keeps track of it's own last Save As location here is where it is kept for Internet Explorer.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download Directory

Two strings walk into a bar. The first string says to the bartender: 'Bartender, I'll have a beer. u.5n$x5t?*&4ru!2[sACC~ErJ'. The second string says: 'Pardon my friend, he isn't NULL terminated'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back