Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change the dial 9 option on the partner acs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripoth

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
US
When you press 9 the ACS grabs an outside line. Is there a way to stop or change that?
I am trying to get into an Amanda voicemail system, but you have to dial 999 to reach the admin mailbox. Only system I have on hand to try this is an ACS.
Any assistance would be much appreciated.

I guess I am confused as to what you are doing. Is the Amanda connected to a station port or a line port? You will never be able to dial 999 from the intercom dial tone as it isn't an extension. If the VM is connected to a station port to would need to dial that extension before dialing the 999. If it is connected to a line port you would need to select that line and dial 999.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Amanda voicemail interfaces via station ports. Set those ports to Intercom first through Auto Line Select, or just Intercom only by removing all line appearances from the ports. You will still put them in hunt group 7 and dial Intercom 777 to reach Amanda. You have to set the integration codes on Amanda so it knows what to do with the incoming mode codes.

Another member spent a lot of time getting his Amanda to work with his ACS R8, find his posts here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back