Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change tenant group to be able to use 9 as access code for own trunks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

egkinser

MIS
Aug 9, 2004
US
I have built a new tenant group that uses route 4 (Access code 7004). Whenever the tenant phones need to make an outside call they must first dial a 7004 to access their outbound trunks and then the number they wish to dial. I would like to change it so that when a phone in the tenant group would like to make an outside call they simply have to dial a 9 and the system will automatically resolve that to a 7004. I would only like this to happen for the tenant group and not other phones.
I know this is possible as Verizon set it up on two other tenant groups that I have on the switch (using access codes 7002 and 7003 for the other two tenants). However I have been unable to figure out how they did it.
Any information quickly would be appreciated. I have a tenant moving in Wed. 9/14 and would like to have it set up by then.

tenent to trunk group access, i want to say ld 56, don't have my books (or 81c) here at home, but the load is very easy. just allow tenant to trunkgrup or ten to ten,, btw you can have a console for each tenant

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I understand how to set up the Tenant-to-Route Access (RACC) and tenant-to-tenant Access (TACC), which is done in LD 93.
Phones in the tenant group are able to access their route(access code 7004)by dialing the 7004 and then the outbound number they wish to call. What I would like to do is replace the need for them to dial 7004 to access their trunks, and allow them to just use a 9.
The other tenants on the switch are able to access their own outbound trunk routes by simply dialing a 9. Each tenant groups 9 forces it to access its own trunks no matter what their access code may be. Verizon set this up on the tenant groups that they built, I am not sure how they did it but I would like to set it up the same on the new tenant group.

then go to 86, prt the rlb's, you have at least one for ld and one for local usually, you need to add a entry that includes that tenants route..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I'm with Kohn on that. If you configure the RACCC then build RLB's that contain only their route, that should work.

And...John....How come you don't kep an 81c at home?

it's the darn hospital, they claim they need it at night!! management thing i guess... kohn

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

if you need the code for that let us know

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks guys, that was it. I had to add the new tenant route to the RLIs in LD86 and that allowed the tenant group to use the 9 to access the route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back