Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

****Change Station Page 1****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsaunde7

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2016
US
We use 2 locations in our environment and somehow a bunch of stations were duplicated and the locations were left blank under station Option on page 1. Is there a command I can run in Site Administration that will show the list of stations without a location besides having to go into each station. I tried the command "list usage location(..)" and that command doesn't work. All help would be appreciated. I also tried system manager and tried an advanced search to filter by Endpoint with feature options by location not equal to and nothing returns when I've found a few already without going through all my stations.

if they're IP, list registered - each network region is assigned to a location. And subnets are assigned to regions. That's how you make 192.168.1.0/24 be location 1 and 192.168.2.0/24 be location 2

Using ASA under the Advanced tab select Export Data. Select Station and the Extension and Location fields. Run the report. Import the report to Excel as a delimited file. Change the extensions that need to have the Location field corrected. Get rid of the extensions that don't need to be changed.

Using ASA under the Advanced tab select Import Data. Object is Station and the function is Change. That will open up an Import spreadsheet. Copy the extensions and Location columns from the Excel spreadsheet, paste it into ASA, save it, then execute it.

Verify the changes post-import.

Kevin

@4merAvaya

Thanks very much, that worked. You showed me something new with any mass changes that I may need to do in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back