Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change softkey template

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesshome

Technical User
Dec 27, 2004
ES
Hello:

I would like to change the softkey template in a lot of terminals (400), but if it were possible I would like to change it automatically. I have changed the softkey template in the device pool, but it´s required that I change the phones too. How could I perform this change on all devices?
Thanks.

Changing the softkey template in the Device Pool should change the template used by the phone after the phone is reset. However if you want to do so at the phone level, try BAT. It should assist you in changing the Phone Configuration.

It doesn´t seem to work. It´s required that I change the softkey template on the phone and device pool too. If I don´t change the phone and the device pool, so the template isn´t modified.

OK Just tried this on my CCM 4.0 server and here's what I found. The Softkey template can be changed in the Device Pool but the change only applies to phones in the DP that have a Softkey Template of <NONE> assigned on the Phone Configuration page. This makes sense as the Phone Configuration settings override the DP settings. If you have custom Templates for a few uses (ie, IPMA) assigned on the Phone Configuration page, you don't want them changed along with all the general users. It is not a good practice to assign universal values on the Phone Configuration page if they exist in DP.
Unfortunately, BAT will not assist you in this either way. There is no field for Softkey Template in the Phone Update section. You will have to touch each phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back