Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change size of cell in WORD table

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranebow

Programmer
Mar 8, 2003
US
I'm really new to tables in WORD. I usually try to do things in Excel, but want to create a new form. I have 7 rows of a 5 across table. Under that I have 1 row with 6 across. Unfortunatley one of the lines on the left side of my cell on the single row lines up with one of the lines of the previous rows. When I place my mouse on the left side of the single row cell to resize it resizes the previous rows also. How can I just change ONE row? I know it's got to be something easy that I'm just blowing past! Thanks!

If you select a cell, any changes you make will only affect the border(s) of that cell.

If you don't select one, well, you know what happens.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

OH! I got around it by inserting a blank row! But now I'll have to select cells...it will be so much easier. Thanks!

Another question...is there a way to increase the height of all the rows at one time?

You can do by selecting the rows and going to Tools > Customize > Rows but there's no way that I know of doing it with the mouse.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

THANK YOU ALL! I'm learning more about tables than I really wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back