Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Show Name in header printed email

Status
Not open for further replies.

jomartinpe

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2006
Hi forum.
In a SBS2003 domain users prints email from Microsoft Outlook 2003 clients.
When printing in the header appears the owner's name box mail, that field is know as 'Show name' (as I know).
My problem is how to change this field, because all prints show the 'user logon name'. In exchange manager console I wrote the complete user name (name and last name) but when printing it only shows the user name logon, not the user's complete name. How could I change it??
I installed the SP2 for exchange for increase the mail size.
All clients have XP SP2.Clients are setup to join domain. User always logon to domain.
I tried to wrote in user properties sheet, inside outlook options, the 'show name' field a diferent form of names ,restarting SMTP services, without good news.
Exchange installed in server only holds users mailbox, each user reads and writes email (pop3/smtp) directly to external email server. All other SBS2003 functions works ok but this issue is making mad to me.
All replys are welcome
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back