Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change scale on chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

vxxv

Programmer
Jan 23, 2004
PT
Hello,

I've built a group to give me the sum of how often some fields appeare im my database.
The values that crystal retrieves are this:
0;2;3;5;8;17;19;32;53;1925;1948

Then I've built a bar chart to show these values. Everything is ok except that the scale that CR presents is from 0 to 2000, and the bars that represents the lower values, I almost can't make out if they are zero or if they have some value at all.
What I need, is to put a manual scale, so that I can see more clearly the smaller values in my chart.

If anyone can help me I'll be very grateful.

Thanks,
Jaime

Dear vxxv,

Right Click Chart in Preview Mode, select Chart Analyzer, Select the Grid area, Click the Grid Icon in the toolbar (or right click and select Format Chart/Grid).

Click the Scales Tab:

You can do one of two things:

Set manual settings which may not improve the picture greatly and just will clutter the screen with lines.

Or, you may want to view the results by setting the Use Logarythmic scale checkbox... this "equalizes" the distance between the minimal values and the maximum values.

On a Logarithmic scale chart, the spacing between points corresponds to the percentage change between those numbers. The vertical distance between 10 and 20 (a 100% increase) is the same as the vertical distance between 50 and 100.

It is very good when you do not want the maximum value on a scale to dominate the chart.

Regards,

ro

Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

Thanks for the response. It seems thats the only possibility
to change de scales on a chart.

Jaime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back