Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change sa password and IP address!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfpup

Technical User
Dec 1, 2004
US
Hi to all,

I have encountered two situations:
a. need to change the password for sa user from blank to something else
b. change the ip address of the machine

Can somebody help me please with the steps to be followed in order for successfully managing both of the points above?
Nice Call focus 3 is the platform.

Thank You in advance

In NICECLS Server Controller select Database drop down and then SQL Security.

You'll then need to update ODBC (next time you try to login to toolbar or any apps you will be prompted with sa password and also check CLS configuration in Administrator, click on CLS and see if it prompts to update password?

Hi RoamingKiwi,

Thank you for your support.

I am new to this platform so sorry if my question does not make sense but I am not finding the way how to go to NICECLS Server Controller.

I have assumed this is an 8.9 Solution? Changing the IP is a major change and should only be done by someone who knows NICE well, you may need to get your NICE provider in to do this.

Hi RoamingKiwi,

Do you or someone else now which are the points of contact towards NICE for EMEA?

Thank you

Hi RoamingKiwi,

Thank You for your support.
I shall try first with NICE directly.

rfpup, is your NICE_CLS server running on an official NICE server or a off the self PC?

Hi,

it is running on an official NICE machine

Depending on your NICE build version it might be best to contact your local NICE support. (Hopefully they contact you a lot faster then the one my client has to deal with).

Just to point this out: (It can be done but I would not do it unless the NICE support don't agree to the solution. It may impact your service agreement with your local NICE support and void warranty should you make changes to the NICE proprietary software.)

One of my clients has a NICELog only solution installed on site. Instead of going for the whole CLS sever deal, they did some hacked together CLS database thing on a common place desktop PC which makes life very interesting. Lucky for me their NICE support takes around 3 weeks to respond to any calls and has only showed up once that I know of.

Three years on and now they have a need to move the CLS database to a propper SQL server where the System Administrator (SA) account has to be changed quite regularly and will be unknown to the telephonic support team. I was asked from a technical point of view if this could be done. (The client logged a call with NICE support as well, who still has not answered for three weeks and counting)

After playing around for a few hours I found their specific installation had a DLL where the SA account was hard coded.

Not gonna go into much details but the DLL also provided a way to change the password. I created my own custom version of the DLL and after testing it on a off-site test system, I showed the client the custom DLL and a program which can allow them to change the password and account name.

(Please don't ask me for the details or the program or dynamic link library as this would be a copyright infringement. It is for my own personal use until further notice, nothing stops you from discovering it yourself.)

We're now waiting to finally hear what the local NICE support has to offer. If they say's no, they're going have to make a decision on whether they are willing support the new CLS database or not. (Mind you, I've only seen them once in the last two years and that was only 3 weeks after the client's NICElog died. My sources say my client got a hefty bill cos the repair was done outside of office hours and as such was not covered in the support contract). If not the client may want to limit the support to the NICELog only. (I pray this happens!)

Beats me why, they wanted to spend money on finding out if it can be done, but I ain't complaining.

I can say this in defense of the local NICE support. I loathe and admire them. I want a few contracts like theirs and knowledge on how they get bean counters to sign it!

Please see my earlier response assuming this is 8.9:

In NICECLS Server Controller select Database drop down and then SQL Security.You'll then need to update ODBC (next time you try to login to toolbar or any apps you will be prompted with sa password and also check CLS configuration in Administrator, click on CLS and see if it prompts to update password?

This will change the sa password in a controlled fashion that will not harm the NICE CLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back