Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change router ip information to 46xx phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

csrgzz

Technical User
Nov 2, 2006
US
Hi, we are about to take our main router down and have a different route for Voice traffic
we wil loss phone connectivity unless we manually setup the new router ip on all of the 46xx phones

is there a way to avoid doing this manually? the old router ip address is 192.168.3.1 and the new one will be 192.168.4.1

S8700 media server
Comm Manager 3.1

If everything is configured the good way then the router adress is given by your DHCP-Server.
So you have to change this in your Voice-scope on the DHCP-server.

Then reboot the phone,s and they will get the new router-adress.

You can try to change the router adress in the Voicescope and then reset the phones with Avaya side administration.

like reset ip-region 1 or reset ip x.x.x.x x.x.x.x or something like that.
Then all phones will say bad router and then put in new router. Could save some work reseting phone,s.

Greets Peter

If all your phones are manually addressed (not DHCP) then you'l need to manually change them all.

yeah they all are manually addressed, :( I think I will have to change them all

Don,t tell me you have a S8700 and have al phone,s manually addressed.
Man where did you get the time to do it!!

What we have done is created a linux server with
DHCP/FTP/HTTP/TFTP and use the same server for almost all clients.
Its installed under the S87xx and we use 2 Modems one for S87xx and one for our application server.

So we never have a discussion about a application with other people.

We only need to change te option 176/242 for ip-phones on the client DHCP-Server thats it.

And if LLDP will actually work on the Avaya phone,s there is no need for using application of any kind from the client.

Greets Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back