Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change retention policy on only one media pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

T1210

IS-IT--Management
Apr 9, 2007
US
I need to change the retention policy for my Diff media pool from quarter to one month. I did so under media pools-Diff--configuration tab. After making the change none of the tapes were listed as recycled even though the most recent backup on some of the tapes is over 60 days ago.

I need to change the Diff pool for all servers. I don't have to change it under each server do I? And wouldn't that effect my other media pools as well?

I assume your version is 7.3.x. This behavior is correct. However, it only works for NEW backups. Once a backup will be added to the media index, the relative policy is converted into an absolute date.

The solution is not that easy: to adjust existing save sets, you must run the command "nsrmm -e new_retention_date -S ssid" for ALL save sets you want to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back