Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change registry to point to 11.0 Object Library instead of 14.0 Object Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

sallyboo52

Technical User
Jul 1, 2012
US
I have 2 versions of MS Access installed (MS Access 2003 & MS Access 2010). The only object library that is available for selection is 14.0 but I have to have 11.0 for my database code to work. How can I force MS Access 2003 to use the 11.0 object library?

14.0 library for what? Excel, Word, Outlook? Do you only have that version installed?

For MS Access 2003. The version is on my computer but doesn't show up when clicking on references within a module.

11.0 location is C:\Program Files (X86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\msacc.olb

Currently, it's showing a reference of 14.0 with is located under C:\Program Files (X86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14\msacc.olb

Did you try to use the Browse button in the References dialog ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Yes - I found C:\Program Files (X86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\msacc.olb and then clicked on "Open" but nothing happened. The MS Access 14.0 object library is still checked and there is no MS Access 11.0 object library in the list. I tried unchecking the 14.0 library and it won't let me because it says it's in use. I'm wondering if I have to use regedit to update the registry but just don't know how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back