Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change record-color of a tableframe in Paradox 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdPointer

Programmer
May 4, 2004
BE
I want to print a report containing a table-frame.
Is it possible to change the font-color or record-color of a record depending on the value of one of the fields?

Tks
Ed

Ed,

Not really, though you can use calculated fields to achieve some limited effects.

Paradox reports have never really had much support for coloring, primarily because affortable color printers were relatively rare when Paradox was originally written.

You can, though, integrate your Paradox data into the mail merge features of most word-processors or spreadsheets and use the reporting features of those packages to print your data.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Ed,

I have done this by using a form instead of a report and then printing it. But in all cases the form was one page in size, I don't know if it would work for other cases.

It is not as slick as using a report, but it may allow you to do the color stuff you want to do.

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back