Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change password expires expiry CallPilot 5.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imstillhere

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2008
US
Where do i change the password so they dont expire every 90 days ??

Here is what i see in security administration..i dont see a feild call
"password expiry" and i dont see anything in malbox classes either.?? Do i change the "password expiry warning days"? I mean there should be something that shows 90 days somewhere...

Prefix: 99
Minimum Length: 6
Maximum Days Permitted Between Changes: 365
Password Expiry Warning Days: 5
Minimum Number of Change Before Repeats: 5
Disabled Administrators will be Enabled: after 10 minutes.
Password Master Encryption Key: xxxxxxx

Maximum Days Permitted Between Changes 0

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Thank you Perry...now i guess my question is, why would some mailboxes expire every 90 days and others do not??? I know mine is about once a year and it would seem that EVERY mailbox should be once a year the way it is set (365).
I checked different mailbox classes and none of them have a feild concerning passwords expiring ??

The only thing I could think of is that those mailbox were built when the limit was 90 and then someone changed it. Other than that I have no reason

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Defualt in the classes are 60 - 90 days. You have to change the class settings if you want no exp. ( 0 )

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

Perry,

Perhaps you are correct that from one upgrade to another over the years this may have happened...

Splic3d (Vendor)
...My book says the default is 90days..but as i mentioned earlier in my posts. I have been through several of the mailbox classes an no where do i see an option to change the password expiry...I even created a new class..went through line by line and i just dont see it ...
Could you paste one of your classes and highlight the area im looking for.

Thank you

I was thinking you were talking about a BCM Call Pilot or a CP150. There you pull up the class to make the changes. On the 200i or bigger platforms I believe it is one of the tab choices at the top, maybe security settings ???. I will check it out further when I get on a site with CP. I do know there is a setting somewhere, just can't remember exactly from the top of my head. I will post it when I find it.

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back