Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Paper Orientation with no printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdebo2

Technical User
May 17, 2002
US
I am working on a server that does not have a printer installed. All the reports I am creating will be viewed through a web page, so I think when they are printed they will use the local printer from the computer viewing the page. I would like to change the report to be landscape instead of portrait, but every time I go to File/Printer Setup, I get and error “Before you can print, you need to install a printer”. Is there a work around for this? I am using version 8.0.

PS I have done a search through the forum, and I think if I can get the printer setup menu I want to select the “No Printer” option, but am not sure.

Thanks
For your help
Scott

Hi Scott,

I believe you need a printer installed on the design machine in order to change page orientation.

Your report will display according to the printer driver at design time.

Cheers,

paulmarr

You do need a printer installed, but the printer/printer connection does not have to physically exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back