Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change page tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMilden

Vendor
Oct 21, 2005
US
Have a few customers complaining about the loud alert tone that plays when a group page is initiated. I also remember reading something a bit back about someone was able to "Reinstate" the old nortel 3 beep tone that would play before a page by changing some files but I cannot seem to find where I read that. I'm not necessarily looking for the 3 beep tone, but would love to change the current obnoxious tone if possible. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thank you.

Update. Believe I was able to find the correct wav file within the emtrotel. /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/pagetone.wav Downside, I am unable to upload anything to that folder as permissions are denied. Tried changing permissions to the folder with a denied response. I know there is a root login but I am unaware of the password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back