Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Page Header Description AFTER last record

Status
Not open for further replies.

afterthot

Vendor
Jul 12, 2004
US
I am using CR 8.5 against a SQL database. I am printing detail records and then in the Report Footer section I print summary data for the report. I have a new page start after each group footer, so the report footer section always starts on a new page, which is what I want.
The last piece I'm trying to do is to have have the page header for each detail section read, "REGISTER". Then in the page header for the Report Footer ssections I would like the words, "REGISTER SUMMARY" appear. So far, the only way I can figure out how to do this is to put the following formula into the page header

IIF(Onlastrecord, "REGISTER SUMMARY","REGISTER")

This almost works, but not quite because it displays, of course, "REGISTER SUMMARY" on the last record, one page too soon. Is there anything like, Afterlastrecord?

I thought about using shared variables but I am not very familiar with exactly how that works.

How can I get the report to read "Register" in the page header for detail records and "Register Summary" in the page header for the report footer?

Thanks for any help.

Hi,
Try:

If (PageNumber = TotalPageCount) then
"REGISTER SUMMARY"
ELSE
"REGISTER"

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

You could use the flag system that I explained (see the last part of the post re: creating conditional page footers) in thread767-1115857. You would place a flag in the report header section and the reverse flag in your report footer section.

-LB

Thank you Turkbear and lbass for your prompt and valuable replies.

I used Turkbear's suggestion as the quick fix. However, sometimes the report footer section is longer than one page and in that case, it looks like lbass's suggestion would work.
I'll just have to see what my client wants.

Thanks much to both of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back