Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Page After property when running report

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcgibbong

Programmer
Jan 17, 2002
GB
I am using reports 6.0.8.13.1 running on Oracle 8i. I have a report that prints a schedule for each account, listing dates with a value against each, then when the account changes, a total is printed. I have put in the Page break after report property so that it throws a page after each account.

I want to use this report to print this and a summary showing only acct number and total, giving the user the option on the parameter form.

The problem is it throws a page after each account, and rightly so. Can I amend this property in the after parameter form trigger, so it doesnt throw a page after each account when the user selects a summary?

This property can not be set conditionally. What you can do is to place some object between accounts (like line - you can make it white so that it is invisible). Then set New Page Before property for the line to Yes, and then in the line's format trigger you may conditionally suppress the line whenever you want the break would not occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back