Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Oubound Calling ID depending on CSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdrew

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2007
US
Is there a way to change the outbound Calling ID depending on which CSS is assoicated to the line.

Scenario: Users would like to do a CallFwdAll to long distance numbers, but LD codes prevent the calls from being completed.

- We have telco provided LD Codes on all but a few DIDs on our PRI

- I would like to be able to set the CFwdAll CSS to a unique CSS that will translate outbound call information to mirror a non-LD Code DID.

i.e.

3333 (CSS=CSS_NORMAL) - Requires LD Code to dial long distance
3340 (CSS=CSS_NORMAL) - NO LD Code rquired to dial long distance (Telco does not challenge this DID)

Set 3333 CSS for CFwdAll only to CSS_ALLOWLD.
Outbound call from 3333 translated to 3334 and calls gets through.

*** I only want this to happen if a DN is set to Call Forward All ***

Not sure if this will work, but you might try changing the external phone number mask to the working number and see if that does it.

Create a new CSS and PT. Name the PT something like NoChallenge-PT and the CSS NoChallenge-CSS. Put the NoChallenge-PT and any other PT for local or internal calls in the NoChallenge-CSS.

Copy your LD RP and change it to the NoChallenge-PT. Under the RP, Uncheck 'Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask'
and in the Calling Party Transform Mask put in your DID 3340 however it needs to be there.

On your 3333 phone Call Forward All Calling Search Space, put in the NoChallenge_CSS. Then when this line is CFWDAll to an LD number, it will only have access to the new RP which changes the Calling Number to the 3340 number and won't be challenged for a code.

The CSS on the 3333 extension will still have access to anything it had before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back