Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change OS type

Status
Not open for further replies.

maccarone

Technical User
Jun 20, 2002
IT
Help !!!
I need to install language pack (Italian) in a office 2000 in English.
We use a launch.exe tools (it is a company registered office) and when I run "\\XX.XX.XX.XX\gold$\YYY\launch.exe /a=MS_Office_2000_LP1" I receive the following message error (after check OS requirements):
"This package was not designed for your operating system or service pack level: Detected OS: WinXp SP2.The installation will be aborted".

I need to change, temporarily, the OS (in the registry or in such file ???) in order to install language pack.

Some could help me ???

Well, you may reinstall your service pack, but as I understand you dont't have Italian version. Try to change the language of installing program: Control panel-> regional and language option-> advanced switch Italian. probably it would help you, but for sure you need reinstall service pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back