Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change one attribute on 400 objects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2001
US
I need to change the company name on all of my user accounts in AD (400+). Is there an easy way to do this, or am I stuck using CSVDE/ADSIedit (or doing it manually, yuck)?

I'm coming from SBS2003 with this but using ADUC I can select all of my user accounts (1 ou at a time) and right click > properties > organization tab. If you need to change the company name just check that field and type in the new name then apply

You can use vbscript to do it or download a copy of ADMODIFY.

The GotDotNet web site is beign phased out, so you can find a copy to download here:

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

You can also select many accounts, and right click and make the change. It will apply to all users who were selected.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back