Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Node in 1140e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baitshopboy

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2012
US
I have a couple people who are moving to my site from another site. They are bringing their phones with them. How do I change the node saved in the phone to the node at my site? I know I need to change the s1 and s2 also. I know how to change those. Anything else I should change? Thanks.

It will give you a chance to change the Node ID and TN of the phone during the boot up sequence. When it says Node ID during boot up hit cancel and then put in your correct Node ID and TN.

This is the reason why you use 'Relaxed Node' config. For example we use 4000 and 4001 for our two nodes. You are able to enter 400 for the Node on the phone and it will register to anything that is 4000 thru 4009. Then, you don't have to worry about changing the node unless you get more than 8 more sites. This can definitely save some time across an organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back