Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change navigation language setting 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

vira9990

Programmer
Dec 8, 2005
SE
I wonder how to change navigation language settings on the SPS Homepage as well as on SubSites?
I need everything to be written in Swedish.
Is there an easy way or should I change in some xml files? which?
Is there a way too to hide the actions menu on the SPS Homepage? Thanks

If you go to Site Settings, Manage Security and Additional Settings there is a modify regional settings under there.

The Sites can be changed in the same way but they seem to still default most settings to US settings.

I havent found a way to have a site when it is created to default to what you want (doesn't mean there isnt a way though). And the Actions should only show up for people who are able to perform the actions listed under it.

Hello (Hej!)

In SharePoint portal server you can only have one language for the portal and it's areas (so to have the Portal in swedish you would have to install the SPS in Swedish from the beginning).

For Windows SharePoint services site you can easily install different language packs. BUT you can't change a language in a site once you have created it, that you chose when you create the site.

In our WSS environment we are offering, English, Swedish, Finnish and German and it works great.
If you have customized a theme you are using, you might have to apply those also to the different languages that you install.

In SharePoint portal server you can chose to only show things that you have rights to. Under the Actions menu as ouzojd says, users will see what they have access to (or what adminstrative task they acn perform.).

You can find the Windows SharePoint Services language template packs here
Best Regards,
Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back