Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change MoH on a per set basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecorn

Programmer
Apr 25, 2014
CA
I know being able to change MoH on a per set basis was one of the last feature enhancements in the CS1K (I think in 7.65) but I can't find info on how to do it. I see a MRT (music route) prompt on the TN but changing that to another music route number changes nothing, still plays default. Is there a CLS setting or something else required too?

SBMA Set-based Music on Hold allowed
MRT n Music route number for route types MUS or
IMUS. By default there is no value.

Ramsay

Perfect, thanks very much, the set had SBMD, changing it to SMBA did the trick right away. I'm curious where IMUS is found and what it does, can you elaborate on that one?

Here you go -

On the Call Server, the IP Music route type (IMUS) provides music to callers using existing
virtual TNs on analog trunks. The IP Music trunk route type contains virtual TN-based analog
trunks as its trunk members.
The IP Media Sessions license reflects the overall number of possible IP sessions with MAS.
It is the sum of IP Music + IP Announcement + IP Ad Hoc Conference + IP Attendant Console
Features and Services Fundamentals—Book 4 of 6 (I to M) March 2013 217
+ IP Tone. The IP MUS license works like the traditional digital MUS license. Available licenses
are not decremented until a MUS trunk is used, at which time they are decremented by 1 up
to a maximum of 60 licenses for each Trunk member. IP Media Services licenses are
decremented simultaneously.
IP Media Services uses a floating license model to manage MAS licensing. In a floating license
model, authorized users receive licenses from a licensing server. The licensing server provides
a limited number of licenses that are shared by multiple users and applications on a system
or network. When the license expires or is no longer required by a user or application, the
licensing server reclaims the license for distribution to other authorized users or applications.
Before you can use this feature, you must configure IP Media Services. For information about
configuring IP Media Services, see Avaya Signaling Server IP Line Applications Fundamentals,
NN43001–125.
Feature interactions

Ramsay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back