Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change login interface in exchange server 2003 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2003
US
does anyone know how to change the login interface, what i mean is, when we type ( assume that 192.168.0.1/exchange)
it will pop out the box for login and user right, what i want is , when we type 192.168.0.1/exchange
it will show something like login webinterface, like you know
when we go to yahoo or hotmail....
someone told me that to use a form authentication, i did try that still showing that box, its ugly :) so does anyone every try this please let me know,
i want something that show in the web, instead just pop out the box...
please tell me asap, urgent thanks

Hi!, yes u can enable form based auth, to do that here r the steps.

1. Exchange 2003 running on Win2000 srv/adv srv with Sp4 (must).
2. In Exchange System Maanager, go to Protocols--->HTTP---->Exchange Virtual Server.
3. Rightclick and select options.
4. Select Settings TAB
5. Check Enable Forms Base Authentication. If u r running exch2003 on win200, you will not be able to have Compression cause it is only enables in wiin2003. Anyways u dont need it. When u click OK, it will say that Certificate Service is needed ...etc...etc
6. Install Certificate Service on this server.
7. Open IIS manager
8. Properties of Default Site
9. Enable Certificate but donot REQUIRE it...just get a certificate for this site....
10. Restart IIS.....type ur assumed in browser and wolah!!!! form based auth....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back