Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Linkage on tables to Access From SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

sathandle

Programmer
Apr 22, 2002
US
I have a db that has several linked tables. They are currently linked to SQL server (MSDE Client). I want to change the properties of the links to link the tables to an Access db.

When I run code that will automatically link the tables that includes the following
Dim oCat as Catalog
Dim oTable as Table
dim strTableName as String
strTableName = "tblDataInfo"
Set oCat = currentproject.connection
set otable = strTableName

How do I change oTable.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Link Provider String")? When I attempt to set a new value for the link provider string, the following error occurs:

Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

Any ideas on how to change the link provider string to show Microsoft Access or jet without deleting and re-creating the linked table? <--This will not work because there are relationships against this table.

Thoughts?

Don't beat your head against the wall unless you know how to plaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back