Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Key 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubaba82

Programmer
May 21, 2005
AU
Hi,

I have some 50 odd 2216 phonesets that have the same ACD queue assinged on their Key 0. I now wan't to assign a new ACDN value to key 0 on all these phones.

Would i have to reprogram the phones again? Isn't there a faster way out?

I tried doing a ECHG on these phones, but i am not able to get key 0 assigned as nul. I keep getting the error - sch0767 (Supervisor's AGT key must be removed before removing agent.). I have removed the spid entry from the phone and also the obv key from the supervisor phone. But it still won't work.

What else can i do?

Rgds

Supervisor may also have an AGT key to call or observe agent.
Instead of turn in to NUL, just enter new ACD number : KEY 0 ACD xxxx
If there is no conflict with another DN you will achieve it easily.
If you need to turn it to NUL then the command to enter new ACD is : KEY 0 ACD "ACDN" "CLID" "AGENT

Why do you want to change all 50 Acd phones??

Just make a new ACD Queue like you want and NCFW it to the old ACD Queue. Samr thing less work.

never make a change on an acd set, out the set and build a new phone. i've seen a dozen post on it. it will corrupt your database. the change file never closes, so each new change just makes it a larger file. after enough changes the switch stops all changes and may refuse to boot. i have told techs on the phone, more then once, don't panic, reload the os and retype the data base. then call me back.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.
First, 'acewarlock ', can you give me some further information with NCFW. I don't have any experience with using it.

'johnpoole', thanks for the information. Please tell me, i have been told earlier that copying phones could also create corruption problems. Is this true as well?

Rdgs

we copy 20+ phones a week, i've never had a problem with cyp or mov. i do enforce disu before any digital mov, chg or cpy, with out any problem. for the ncfw prompt. on any acd you must answer 3 prompts, acdn, cust and maxp, we use a lot (hundreds) of maxp 1 acd groups, maximum agents to one, then add ncfw xxxx, any number to redirect the acdn to. because a maxp 1 is built with no agents, it is always in nights. the most common use is night answer, menu service ect. an unused number as a acd maxp 1 ncfw to mail will go to either a menu service or mail box without burning a tn. in your case, all agents are logged off, that acd is in nights, so ncfw will control. you can change acd groups, just not sets. i had a newer tech make changes to 4 acd sets about a month ago, in a hospital with almost 8000 phones, i never second guess my training, i ini'ed the switch, period. someone asked after the fact, what if someone had died because a call couldn't be made. my written response was, how many times would that had happened if we had lost the complete data base?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You said you wanted to change the ACD Queue, if you just leave everything the way it is and make a new ACD Queue and then NCFW it to the old Queue , that should do what you were trying to do with out having to out all the ACD phones and building them new.

i still haven't understood what he wants to do. if he's trying to put those phones into a working acd, the only way would be to out the phones. the ncfw would work if the new acd number has no members. if it's a working acd, then the ncfw would only work if all the agents log off and the old acd group logs on.. a better description on the desired result might help

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Changing a phone that is acquired by an application is definetly not recommended. First disaquired it, make your changes, and then reacquired it.
Changing an ACD phone that is not acquired is normally not a problem. I think the problem Johnpoole is referring to was a data corruption on the ACD DN. I have already seen many different "strange" answer from Meridians, and all the times it was data corruptions...
When you begin any programming you will never know if the database is safe. So, a major command to do before a large system modification, is a backup first.

i will not allow any changes on an acd phone, acquired or not. it is written in stone at bellsouth, take it out, put it in. our tech support sees more coruption from this then any single tech error. changing an acquired phone is not as big of problem, the switch doesn't take the change, it just does a restart or ini, almost every time.. when symposium was on rls 1, i did a name change on a dn that appeared on an acquired set and had an ini.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

most of the thing i post are not written down, they didn't come from school. they came from being the tech they called after the ini didn't bring the switch back up. when you get to a hosp at 3 am, and the local news crew is in the switchroom, someone (besides me) learns a lesson

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back