Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Insert Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

anju123

Programmer
Jun 6, 2003
CA
Hi friends,
Can anyone tell me is it possible to change the insert message in form programmatically or any other way or to get rid of that message. I mean as we insert a record, it gives us message frm-XXX : 1 Record inserted....some thing like that.
I want to change that message to some different message or just get rid of that. Can anyone tell me how to do that?
And also let me know whether it is possible to do it or not.
Thanks in advance,
Anju

In general you may suppress any Oracle message by creating ON-MESSAGE and/or ON-ERROR triggers. In some cases changing :system.message_level is enough.

Regards, Dima

Hi, I found this information thru metalink

"We have a similar situation going on, If at all it will be of any help- we created a OCX object and linked it with "Kodak Image scan control", which supports TWAIN and can be seen on windows start->program->accessories->IMAGING, imported OLE packages, used those procedures to scan in the image on forms, when it comes to saving we save it to windows file system with the properties like location of the file, height of the image etc.. are stored in the database, load up the image from getting the location and all from the tables when querying using read_image_file."

Let me know if works... I want to do something with this kind of solution...

Andres Estrada
Technical Oracle Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back