Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'Change Group' performance issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

paljnad

Technical User
Aug 28, 2008
US
I have crystal report developed in v 10.0 and it has 4 groups and all headers except GH2 are suppressed.

When I right-click and select 'Change Group' for GF3 and then click on 'Specified Order' then the report seems to hang - it takes a lot of time for the data to come back up. And then when I try to click on 'New' or 'Edit' also, the report takes forever - it just seems to freeze.

When I right-click and select 'Change Group' for GF2 and then click on 'Specified Order' then everything seems to work fine.

The other two groups dont have the 'Specified Order' option when I click on Change Group.

Is the problem because of the way that the report is designed or does it hang because the table that it is pulling data from is huge?Or is this an inherent crystal issue.

Please advise.

Thanks.

I've no idea what's causing your problem. But there is a work-round that avoids 'Specified Order' for groups. In place of the field, use a formula field that includes a prefix that puts the group into the order you want. E.g.
Code:
if {fruit} = "Banana" then "a) Banana"
else 
if {fruit} = "Orange" then "b) Orange"
else 
if {fruit} = "Apple" then "c) Apple"
else "d) Other"
Use @GroupWell for grouping.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 10 & 11.5 with Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back