Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change from PRI to T1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATCIS

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2002
US
Hi,

My commany has a Norstar MICS (0x32) that we just moved from one office to another, and it is programed to have two PRI's going into it. However in the new office we have two straight T1's coming in from the CO.

How hard is it to change the programing on the norstar to support the t1's? I started looking arround and all I have found is that I would need to go into Hardware and change both of the cards to T1, after first diabling the cards.

Also, all of the lines and routing is already set up exactly how we want it, if I change from PRI, to T1 will any of this need to be programmed again?

Thank You.

It's pretty easy to go from PRI to T-1. Just changing the card type like you mentioned then using a route and destination code to get out. That's really all there is.

MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

If you find a tip helpful, please mark it as such.

After you do what you already said you were going to do, You will want to go into hardware and verify the setting match your T-1 Provider, Typically,

I/F Levels: PSTN
Framing: ESF
Line Coding B8ZS
Clock source Primary for the card in slot 4 and secondary for the card in slot 3.

Then you need to go into line programming

Set the trunks based on what you ordered from the provider, Typically,

E&M
All in the same Pool A
Ans Mode: Auto
Signal: Winkstart
ANI: Y/N
Ans with Disa: Y/N

John1@refurbphones.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search