Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Fiscal Year from {Jan-Dec} to {April-March}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nkadi

Technical User
Nov 19, 2008
ZA
Does anyone know of any procedure if were to change from {Jan-Dec},to {April-March} in ACCPAC? I am having 2010 which had to run for 3 months and had to be changed to April-March. AP & AR can recognize April as 2011-01 but BK,OE,IC & PO are problem? Are BK,OE,IC and PO not reading date from CS?

Rgds
Nkadi

If you change the calendar, all the modules will read it. Note that existing transactions are not changed, only new ones will reflect the new calendar.

Thanks Tuba,my problem is,2010 has only run for 3 months(jan-march_2010) then had to roll-over to 2011 and change fiscal calendar,AP&AR (are OK) can read correctly but the Operatioal modules (OE,IC,PO and BK) cant read. ACCPAC referred me to CodePartners(manual not recommended),had to create two separate companies one up until march 2010-Fiscal Year and one 2011-fiscal year being changed accordingly but fine for now all modules. still worried why Operational modules were not reading accordingly from CS?

Rgds
Nkadi

Dunno, never seen the problem before, and I've been doing this stuff for over a decade. FWIW, Code Partners is a good company.

All modules read the same fiscal calendar since there is only one fiscal calender.
Note that existing transactions, (PO orders, OE orders, etc) will show the old year/period and will not change to the new year/period - I'm sure that is what you are looking at.

No, what I am looking at are ***NEW*** Transactions after rollover. Something was very funny.Two Separate running of companies is more of a solution . Had to run SQL Update queries for already 2010-04(transactions) which should have been 2011-01 in all modules. everthing seems to be working fine now.

Thanks
Rgds
nkadi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back