Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Fiscal Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeROin

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2002
SG
Hi there,

I need help! :p

My company started in Sept 2000 and we changed our fiscal year closing to Dec 2001 due to some management decision.

I am trying to close the fiscal year but it seems that i cannot select the period!! :( I am a very new user, infact, just started using PeachTree for 3months!!

Can anyone please help?

Thanks!!!

Peachtree runs 3 periods. Current year, past year and budget year. Can you let us know what period you are currently in.

Bill Couture
SBTBILL.COM

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response!!

I am not sure which period i am currently in, how to check? But i think it's the current period. I am already at the 24th period and need to do closing in-order to enter data for the next month.

Thanks!!!

Alvin

Checking the status bar on the bottom, right-side of your Peachtree window will tell you what your current accounting period is.

If your current accounting period is 24, then this is the last open period you have in Peachtree. In order to post transactions to the next period, you need to close the year for accounting periods 1-12:

1. Make a backup of your data files and name it yrend 2001.
2. Select Tasks, System, Close Fiscal Year or Year-End Wizard (depending on your version of the software).
3. Follow the prompts on the screen, clicking OK or NEXT. Accept the default values for each screen. Don't try to change anything. Peachtree will close your oldest year--the year for periods 1-12. The closing process will move periods 13-24 to periods 1-12 and give you 12 more open periods of 13-24. You will then be able to post to periods 13-24 of your new accounting year.
Note: After the year-end closes, check the accounting period. You may need to change your accounting period before you begin posting.

support@baytek.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back