Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change existing Ericsson MD 110 with Definity

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomica

Technical User
Apr 10, 2002
HR
Hi!
Now I am working on Ericsson MD 110 and also we have Ericsson solution for Call Center (CCM,CCA).
We have plan to change existing MD 110 and CC with Definity switch and Avaya solution for CC.
What do you think about this changes, do you think that Definity is better solution for switch than Ericsson.
Does Definity have possibility to route calls depends of agent skills?
Does anyone have enough expirence to help us.
Thx

As a Definity minded person with few experience on MD110 i'd say that you should go for Definity.

If you let me know where you're located perhaps I can mean anything to you.

I have a great deal of experience with definity CC and can tell you all about it.

[afro]

Hi,
Thx for your reply.
I am from Croatia and if you have some good advice help me.
Thx

Tomica,

I have to agree with Brandaris, especially if you want to use Call Center solutions the DEFINITY out runs the MD110.
A DEFINITY can handle far more calls in one PN then a MD110 can handle in a LIM.
The DEFINITY supports Multiple Call Handeling (the MD110 does not) and I can go on for a while about all the ACD benefits of DEFINITY.

On the "normal" telephony features things are similar. Some stuff just works different. But basically all features are at hand that you currently use.

If you are looking at a large solution with multiple locations and there curently is a Group Switch there are some major differences.

If you would like to use DECT, the DEFINITY has a DECT solution. But with the currently BC11 on the MD110 you have some advantages on the DEFINITY DECT.

Personally I was involved in a few replacements of smaller MD110's and two soltions where the MD110 just does telephone and the DEFINITY does all the complicated ACD stuff, with QSIG connections between the two.

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

I am sorry I forgot to reply. Thanks, for helping me to define better solution. Now we have problems with QSIG between MD110 and Definity. Nobody knows what features of QSIG Definity provide.
You wrote that you have experience about this so if you be so kind and help me again.
Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back