Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change default range display strings

Status
Not open for further replies.

arwol

Technical User
Feb 15, 2005
NL
I am working on a report studio report in which I have an optional textbox prompt for age. So users can enter a minimum age, maximum age, both or nothing.
When I display my parameter value on the report page the default strings appear. In English this will be:
- 'Greater than or equal to xx'
- 'Between xx and yy'
The Dutch translation is:
- 'Groter dan of gelijk aan xx'
- 'Tussen xx and yy'
I want to change those default strings to something like:
- '>= xx'
- 'xx - yy'
I found some xml files in the cognos directory which describe default promptingstrings and I tried to change some, but I can't get other than default strings here.

Does anyone have a clue about this?

Thanks in advance!

Arianne

Arianne-
I think you may have to resort to 2 optional prompts with 2 optional filters (for separate start and end parameters) to do what you want, with a calculated data item or some conditional formatting to get text in your desired format onto the report.
If you do find a way to manipulate the ParamDisplayValue please post your solution...
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back