Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change datasource location not working in CR 9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suefhmis

Instructor
Jan 24, 2002
US
I've created a report that uses a SQL query for the datasource (created the query thru Crystal SQL Designer). Made a change to the query to bring in different data. When I go to Set Datasource Location, the whole program freezes. I log off the server, go to Set Datasource Location, highlight the current datasource, navigate to the new one under Create New Connection, then click Update. That's where it freezes. Am I doing something wrong? NOTE: The SQL database I'm querying is about 720MB...could this have anything to do with it?

A 720MB database isn't very large, my current database is 8 gig.

I always suggest that developers not use Crystal's SQL Designer, especially if you have CR 9, since it now supports real SQL.

If you just changed the SQL Query, you shouldn't need to set location, just use Database->Verify Database.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back