Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Database for Reports in CE

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteytheSnake

Programmer
Mar 13, 2002
US
I am preparing to move my primary reporting database and rename it. Is there any way to globally change the database name for all my reports in CE? All reports use this database and get data from stored procs.

So far I have only identified a few possibilities. I'm looking for a miracle to save me from hours of opening, repointing, and saving reports. If this is my only option, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this a much less tedious task in the future?

Possibility 1 : Change the Database name in the CMC report database tab. (I might as well open each report.)

Possibility 2 : Write code to update the CE database directly. After looking at the data structure it looks like the database name is stored in an object that is saved in a field in the CI_INFOOBJECTS table. This looks like a long shot and a lot of code.

Possibility 3 : Can the database name be passed in the URL to a report? If so I could make a change to my app to supply the db in the URL.

Thanks!!

What is the database and how are you connecting to it - let's hope it's ODBC!

The database is Sybase 11.9.2, I am using the ODBC driver for Sybase included with CR 8.5.

We did this recently and all that was required was a change of the database within the ODBC source.

Thanks

Paulos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back