Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Crystal report printer designation from VB5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOMRx

Programmer
Jul 16, 2000
US
I have Crystal RPT files with default printers designated by the RPT file.&nbsp;&nbsp;I need a way to pass a different printer name to the Crystal report to change the output device for the report when executed.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have tried <br>CRP.PrinterName = &quot;New Printer&quot; then CRP.Action = 1 but the output still goes to the original printer named in the report.&nbsp;&nbsp;I can use CRP.PrinterSelect, allow user to select a printer, then .Action = 1 but I can't find a way to control even the &quot;default&quot; printer selected by the .PrinterSelect method. <br>The reports in question are labels generated at the end of an Order Entry process and I am trying to make the printer selection by the user be a simple & as fes keystrokes as possible.<br>Any help would be appreciated.<br>Thanks

You have to set all three of these properties<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;crp.PrinterName = &quot;yourPrinter&quot;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;crp.PrinterDriver = &quot;yourPrinterDriver&quot;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;crp.PrinterPort = &quot;yourPrinterPort&quot;

DPAULSON,<br><br>Thanks for your help. I thought that Crystal would get the port & driver from Windows if I gave it a valid PrinterName.<br><br>Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back