Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Computer Name for 8.9 NICE SNMP Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EsmondChoo

Technical User
Sep 15, 2009
SG
I have a NCFIII with NICE SNMP Manager SP7 installed. Once the computer name was changed, the SNMP EM console not able to access the TND shared drive and with Disk Accessible error prompt with \\OLDComputerName\UNISHARE$\ is not accessible.

When i go to the EM console menu > View > Server, the Node is showing the OLD Computer Name. Do anyone knows how to change this Node to the new computer name?

Thanks.

I have seen this error thats not N?ce issue .you should consult with I.T guys that can fixed the problem.

Hi nicetechie,
Thanks for your advice. Where can i find the NICE snmp community tool to change the Host name of the NICE snmp manager?

I don't believe changing your community will help, I believe this is your repositry. I've never tried changing this myself so don't know where this is set. I'd first open SQL enterprise manager and check to see this is connecting to your database correctly (I'd assume this is fine). If this is fine then I'd look for registry values for the old value or possibly config files within the TND directory. This is a bit of a hack though, if you want it done properly then contact your NICE provider or try a complete uninstall of NMS and SQL on the server and reinstall. Note if you try this option follow the uninstall instructions very closely as if you stuff it then a complete O/S reinstall is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back