Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change CLS systemwide 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBIT3

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2006
US
I'm trying to change every phone on our Option11C so that no one can forward calls outside of the switch. I found that CFXD is the CLS to do this, but I don't want to go through and change each phone individually. Does anybody know how I can make a system wide change to all phones? Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

An aspect script is the best way to do this, simply put all your data into an Excel spreadsheet and it does the work for you! You don't want to echg any ACD sets though!

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

another way to do this, it would block cfxa from an external caller... chg the cdb param to cfo, then the ncos of the inbound trunk controls external calls.. another is check the cfw x keys.. i wouldn't worry a lot about phones that have cfw 7 or less, they can't forward external anyway due to the number of digits..

if you list cfxa as a feature in 81, you'll get a list of tn's that have been modified for external allow..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Re- ECH_ALL TN's script , I tested it in so far as nullifying the 'transmit' line of code that made the changes so the script looped through all TNs without changing them.

HOWEVER, if Johnthephoneguy is correct that ECHG an ACD is BAD, don't try that script, as it will ECHG everything, incl ACD's. (I only thought there were probs with COPY and MOVE of ACD's - but then I'm only a PART-TIME switch guy, so I don't know fer sure. Off to rethink that script..)

Unfortionatly Nortel newer found it worthwhile to
implement so-called cls-groups that could have been
set up with predefined cls settings, and then
assigned to sets on a pr set basis.
To bad... Would have made such changes much easyer...

they "almost" did that with the opt 11 models, only 1 out of 100 installers ever used a model.. but unlike some switches you couldn't change a model and have that change applied to working stations.. nortel could have made a lot of command line improvements BUT then they would have had to agree with customers that otm is trash.. they have so much invested in otm they gave it away for a decade and techs still will not install it..

note to nortel: we don't want a gui that works most of the time.. we want command line shortcuts that we can use

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

re-stated NEVER chg or ecgh an acd.. out it and put it back in.. if you have a script that is broke..post it

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I was told that the ECHG and CHG problem with ACD-sets was
a long-gone problem that we did'nt need to care about anymore.
But comming from you, I'm not sure anymore...
Have done a lot of ECHG/CHG on ACD-sets, never had a problem.
Have I just been lucky?

That is a debate that will go on forever, I have never had a problem in 27 years but others have had problems an Nortel blames in on doing a change on an ACD set. The choice is yours, do what you feel confortable doing.

Bulletin from Nortel indicating what changes can be made on a Symposium Acquired set (ergo an ACD set):

Nortel Page 1 of 4
Product Bulletin
Bulletin Number: P-2004-0345-Global-Rev2
Date: March 30th, 2005
Note: This bulletin replaces all previous versions of P 2004-0345 Global.
Supported modifications on a phone set acquired by
Symposium Call Center Server or Symposium Express Call
Center
Introduction
This product bulletin documents the administrative modifications that are supported on
Nortel Networks* Symposium Call Center Server (SCCS) or Symposium Express Call
Center (SECC) acquired devices. Testing of basic administrative modifications (moves, adds
& changes) was performed on various set types configured on a Succession 1000M system
(Succession 3.0 or upwards is applicable). The sets were part of an ACD group and were
configured on an SCCS system for ACD call control purposes. The testing validates that
modifications made to acquired resources do not cause corruption on the Succession system.
Setup Description
The test setup is globally applicable and was performed on a Succession 1000M which also
contained a Signaling Server running the latest software and patches available at the time of
testing.. Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) queues were configured on the switch with all
sets included as agents in one queue or the other. The ACD routing was controlled by a
SCCS 5.0 system. The latest PEP’s were installed on the server as at the time of testing.
The phone sets incorporated in testing were the M2616, i2004, i2050, M3904, M3905,
M3904+KBA, M3905+KBA & Analog (500 type).
Supported modifications on acquired phone sets
Although all the modifications listed below are supported on acquired sets, there are minor
consequences associated with some. Modifications are grouped per consequence. The
modifications are applicable to all phone set types unless otherwise stated.
Consequence: No effect on agent status.
?? M3900 firmware download (only affects M3904, M3905, M3904+KBA,
M3905+KBA)
Nortel Page 2 of 4
No effect on agent status. It should be noted that if the agent is idle before a firmware
download an incoming call can be presented to the agent. As the set is non-functional
during firmware download the call will not be answered. Therefore it is recommended to
either log the agent out prior to a firmware upgrade or perform the upgrade out of office
hours.
?? ACD queue changes (IVR queue changes)
An IVR queue change is specific to an ACD queue profile in the Succession system and
so it has no effect on the agent status. The SCCS Administrator will need to add the IVR
queue to the SCCS database accordingly. ACD changes to default queues will have no
effect on the agent status i.e. modifying MAXP, NCFW etc. Changing the default
ACDN for an acquired CDN will have no effect on the agent status.
?? Changes to resources acquired by CTI applications such as Call Monitoring
applications (Doesn’t apply to Analog 500 set)
Changes to AST (Associate Set Assignment) made with TAPI 3.0 for Meridian. If adding
a key to AST need to restart TAPI – if removing a key no issue.
Consequence: Agent must log back in after modification.
Any parameter modification that is done with LD 10, 11, 20, 84 and 85 causes the set to be
logged out and therefore the agent will need to log in again after the modification.
?? CLID Changes
If the change is to LDN_Data in LD 15 there will be no effect on the agents.
?? DES (Designation) changes – (LD84 for Analog sets; LD 85 for Digital)
Note a DES change for the i2004 and i2050 sets can only be made in LD 20.
MPLR18387 is required on Succession 3.0 and earlier to prevent a mismatch in state
between SCCS and the switch. This PEP is included in the latest Succession 3.0 SCCS
Deplist.
?? Agent Supervisor (SPID) Changes
?? Adding/Deleting key features e.g. Auto Dial, Hunting Allowed (HTA),
?? Name Change – digital sets
?? Key Changes
?? Class of Service Changes
?? Change/add AST (Associate Set Assignment) and IAPG (ISDN/AP status
message group) due to addition of a person to the performance recording tool, ETalk.
Nortel Page 3 of 4
Consequence: Need to reacquire the line (agent/supervisor TN) after modification
The Telephony/Port Address line, associated with an agent or supervisor, is de-acquired as a
result of the modifications below and hence the SCCS Administrator needs to reacquire the
line once the modification has been made.
?? Agent Queue Changes (moving agents between queues)
A change in ACD queue causes the line (agent/supervisor TN) to become de-acquired in
SCCS. If using ECHG to change agent positions between queues, the ACD key needs to
be assigned a null value and then added with the new ACD queue in another change
pass. The administrator should still de-acquire the set, make the change and re-acquire
the set.
?? Change only the Position ID on a set
When attempting to change the position ID of a set an error SCH6683 is encountered –
the position ID cannot be changed while this agent is acquired. Hence the line needs to
de-acquired in SCCS before making the modification.
?? Name Change – Analog sets
When attempting to make a change to the DN key of an Analog set (500) the following
message is encountered: SCH5039 – Already configured with AGTA. The set can only
be defined as a single appearance DN. The administrator will need to remove the ACD
association of the set to make the name change then reapply the ACD functionality of
the set. The removal of the ACD functionality of the set causes the line to be deacquired
in SCCS.
Note name changes can also be made with LD 95 which does not affect the state of the
sets – the agents remain logged in and acquired in the case of analog and digital sets.
Consequence: Create a new TN in SCCS
The SCCS Administrator will need to create a new TN in SCCS.
?? Mov/Out
When attempting to MOV/Out an acquired line, the error SCH1509 Cannot
MOV/OUT acquired TN is encountered. The TN (Terminal Number) needs to be deacquired
in SCCS before the MOV/OUT operation can proceed.
The SCCS administrator will need to delete the item from the ‘Phoneset’ section and
then create a new item for the new TN. The new TN will need to be acquired before the
agent logs in.
Nortel Networks does not support the use of CPY command in LD 10 or LD 11 on
ACD agents.
Caveat
It is assumed that any maintenance work performed on agent sets of the SCCS system will
be performed out of office hours. The changes should be validated and tested prior to an
Nortel Page 4 of 4
agent logging back in. Any maintenance undertaken during office hours could result in calls
being lost or misdirected and ultimately abandoned causing a potential loss of revenue for
the business.
* Nortel Networks, the Nortel Networks logo, and the Globemark are trademarks of Nortel
Networks.
Nortel Networks is an industry leader and innovator focused on transforming how the world
communicates and exchanges information. The Company is supplying its service provider and
enterprise customers with communications technology and infrastructure to enable value-added IP
data, voice and multimedia services spanning Wireless Networks, Wireline Networks, Enterprise
Networks, and Optical Networks. As a global Company, Nortel Networks does business in more
than 150 countries. More information about Nortel Networks can be found on the Web at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back