Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change certain columns width using VBA for excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

cathy68

Programmer
Aug 6, 2003
NZ
Hi Gurus
Are there anybody know how to change columns width of certain cells without affecting the whole column?
for example, I want change Range("A1:H1") width, but rest of A or H column width don't be affected except row 1.

That can't be done. Or, at least Never heard of it.

Now, having said that, you can always paste a picture the exact size of what you want.

Deja Moo - "I have heard that bull before"

Hi cathy68,

what are you trying to do exactly?

Have you tried using merged cells?

Do you want columns to match up again after column H?

I sometimes use text boxes to do something that doesn't fit in with the formatting of the sheet I'm working on.

Glenn.

What I try to do is I need to repeat "INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT, OVERSEAS FLIGHT, MIX FLIGHT" three text phrases across the entire width of the sheet, these three phrases are difference color. I tried one way as inserting these in column one in fomular bar, repeat it long enough, but when I scoll it until DV columns, it disappear. I guess each column has width limition.
On top part of this sheet is download data from SQL server, I can't change the width of columns,that is why I ask for whether I just can change column width of certain row.

is there anyone have a good option to implement it?

Thanks

The only way to do that is to merge cells. Only thing about mergeing cells is that I hope you don't need to make any changes to the rest of the sheet once you have did it.

Blue [dragon]

If I wasn't Blue, I would just be a Dragon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back