Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change body of password Expiration Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankurgv12

Programmer
Dec 17, 2013
Hi,

We have the password exipre notification enabled.
The email message shows only "Your content server password expires in n days".
We need modify this message :-
1. replace "content server" with our application name.
2. Add more instructions in mail body.

Could you please advise on the same.

Thanks,
Ankur

find if the ENGLISH is in .properties file.My guess is the mail clinet is probably not configurable.You will have to trace it and change it via oscript.Guess

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Hi Appu,

Can you specify any specific properties file name.
I did look in the all the properties file present in <CS Install>\module\webnotify_10_0_0\ospace.

Thanks,
Ankur

Indeed , as mentioned in an earlier post on user notification, certain parts of header and body are enclosed in code. Even though it can be in the properties files, i think you can file a defect / bug as the instance name from your content server is accessible . OpenText should at least implement this access for the mail you mention.

the second part can be done by using a webform to store the custom text for header and body and an adjustment to the respective weblingo file must be done. the override code must gain access to the values and then paste them in the mail header and body. i think you can get away with just weblingo and no actual module overide. (although data retrieval from a non API layer is not the way to follow, but far less work and less issues with patches and stuff..)

your call i think.

Everybody can manage the Deliverables from a Statement of Work. It takes a special talent to Deliver Quality. It takes endurance. Endurance creates distinction between true professionals and amateurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back