Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change ARCserve job password

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick11

Technical User
Jul 30, 2003
GB
We run ArcServe for NetWare v7.0 on NetWare 5.
A nightly job runs a backup to tape, and it has been running successfully for months.

I have just taken over temporarily from a system administrator.
I have altered the password on the user that the backup job appears to use.
The nightly backup job now no longer works - I suspect because the password changed.
The failure listed in the activity log in the ARCService Scheduler Console is "E0234 Error Logging into Directory Services-669"
(Q1) How do I edit the job listed in 'View Job/Queue Statistics' in the ARCService Scheduler Console) to amend the password associated with the job?

On a related subject, (Q2) what training options exist and/or can people recommend?
Thanks,
Nick.

For Q1 you can't modify the password from console. You have to use the arcserve manager and modify the job in the job status.

For Q2, well there's always the help of the manager or arcserve site support.ca.com . Else I don't really know except look around

Thank you.
I have struggled with it and think I have got it to schedule a job for tonight that may work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back