Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change a Textbox to Proper Case on a Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blessed2

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2006
US
The problem that I was having was I had a report that I had put a subform on. I wanted the description field to print in propercase instead of all caps (which is how the information is stored in the table itself).

The Solution:

Select the textbox and go to properties. Click on the DATA tab and go to Control Source.

Enter =StrConv([string],3) where string is the name of the textbox ex. LicenseDescr and 3 represents propercase.
If you wanted other cases you would use:
1=ALL CAPS
2=lowercase
3=Propercase

Then go to the OTHER tab and click on Name. If the name is the same as your string (ex: LicenseDescr), then you need to change it to something like txtLicenseDescr. If you don't you will get an error message.

You can do this on the form itself or you can do it in the report. This is a great way to keep the information format of your table, but manipulate the form or report output to be easier to read.

Hope this helps someone! Have a blessed day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back