Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

change a table name and redo the query?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richmcn

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
US
Assume you have a query file tied to a table name.

Change the table name, run the query and get "Table does not exist" message box. Justifiably so.

Is there a way to change a query built on a table after the table has been renamed without typing it in all over again?

Forms will allow for table name changes, but not queries.

I tried editing the file in Notepad but the table name must be hidden and inaccessible.

Would another lower level editor work?

I'd like to reorganize my application and have a lot of table names and query files involved.

Thanks,
Rich McN
Pardox Version 8
Naperville, IL

Rich,

If you don't mind running the query under ObjectPal, you can always use the "Paste From" in a method to paste the current query file into a method (PushButton or Open or where ever you need to run it). Then you can change the table name by typing in the new one. And add the couple of lines of code to run it (see the ObjectPal help for examples if you don't know how to do this).

I don't know how to easily change the table name in the saved qbe file (and what if multiple tables are in the query), but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back