Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change a Block of DN's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earls56

MIS
Dec 18, 2001
US
I would like to change a block of 100 DN's from 5300-5399 to 7800-7899. I have CS1000E CPPM Version: 4021. I have the new Avaya Element Manager. I tried to put in an edit for the Prime DN - 53** to 78**. It DID not like that. I tried to put in 53 to 78. It processed but nothing happened. I do not want to do one at a time. I know how to get the block selected in the Element Manager using the Boolean piece of it. Are there any suggestions?

Looks like the Bulk Phone Edit Page is what you want. The procedure is in the book.

Edit single or multiple phones
Click the Phones branch of the Element Manager navigator to open the Search for Phones
Web page.
To edit a single telephone or multiple telephones, perform the following procedure.
Editing single or multiple phones
1. Select a search criteria from the Criteria list, to search for telephones to edit.
2. Sort the telephone list by telephone type.
3. Click the box beside the telephones to be updated.
4. Select Edit from the <more actions> list.
The Bulk Phone Edit Web page appears.
5. In the Field list, select a mnemonic or field to update.
6. Click Add.
The Bulk Edit Details Web page appears with the Field or mnemonic displayed in
the header.
7. Type the old value in the Old Value text box or select it from the Old Value list.
8. If you update a Key field, enter the old value of any parameter to change in the
corresponding box on the left side.
9. Type the new value in the New Value text box or select it from the New Value list.
10. If you update a Key field, enter the new value of any parameter to change in the
corresponding box on the right side.
11. Click Save to complete the edit.
OR
Click Cancel to undo changes and return to the Bulk Phone Edit Web page.
12. Click Update Phones to update all the selected phones with the selected fields in
the list.
A confirmation message appears "Are you sure you want to update the phones with
the selected values?"
13. Click OK.

Just a thought here .... have you tried asking the telco if that block of numbers is available to you? (78XX) This would stop a lot of confusion in the future, especially if someone else had to troubleshoot it.

I saw that and I did that. I am curious as to the format for select and replace. I tried 53** and 78**. I tried 53?? and 78??. It is not doing what I would normally use. The reason for the conversion is that I am moving DID from one PRI to another, two different locations. There is a long story involving Hurricane Katrine as how these are in the wrong location now. As I stated I can do the filter to get the block of numbers and select all the 5300#'s but what is the actually syntax, wild card or way to replace the block is the true question?

That you for your input.

Earl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back