Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Challenging Question!!!! Vbscript / Asp best choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schick

Programmer
Jun 12, 2001
US
I've got two frames, the left frame is an image map (map of Illinois) and the right frame shows specific cities after the image map is clicked on. These cities are actually checkboxes, after the user has made their choice, a button is clicked and the user can click a new area on the image map. Again cities in that region are show with checkboxes and the user selects the cities they want and clicks a button. After they are done compiling all of the desired cities they click done. The result needs to be a comma separated value list of cites. I'm trying to use .asp and vbscript but when I try to work back and forth with variables between the two I run in to problems. Such as assigning a vbscript variable to an asp variable without submitting a page. If anyone can please offer any help I would be grateful.
Thanks again,
Josh Schick

You will probably get better advice, but you could use a hidden input box to store the interim values, then submit that input when you are finished
<INPUT NAME=&quot;myname&quot; TYPE=&quot;HIDDEN&quot; VALUE=&quot;&quot;>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back